Sunday 17 November 2013

Twelve Things

I'll never admit to how many of these I actually ate.
...That Have Made Me Really, Truly Happy This Month

I know what you're thinking - I've just done a favourites post, I know. But this is an ode to the little things - like freshly washed hair, cradling the cat like a baby, and that first bite into a Krispy Kreme dreamcake - that bring me joy on a daily basis. Last week I came down with a minor case of the winter blues and had to sit down and remind myself of all the things that had made me feel warm and fuzzy inside over the past month...

1. Realising that - with the help of daily hair masks and my beloved Ojon Rare Blend - I can go another month without a haircut.
2. Yankee Candle opening an outlet store in Cabot Circus; two large jars for £27 - yes please.
3. Watching my 1-year-old nephew dance to every single song that comes on the radio (the kid's got some serious moves that he definitely didn't get from my side of the family).
4. Seeing the new trailers for Catching Fire and The Hobbit at the cinema - can you say excited?!
5. Finally mastering winged liquid liner after watching this Youtube tutorial.
6. Bailey's hot chocolate at Broadmead German Market (and going home with the mug).
7. The relief that Imogen's boat had not in fact sunk during the night when I stayed over last week...
8. The realisation that my pay cheque this month will be significantly larger (thankyou, new job).
9. Likewise the realisation that I hadn't infact lost Mac Hug Me on the bus - disaster averted.
10. Planning lots of festive shopping trips to Bath Christmas Market and Cribbs Causeway (I love a good swanky shopping centre).
11. Planning my outfits and makeup for not one, but three Christmas parties (FYI, it's going to be all about party dresses, shimmery smoky eyes and this lipstick).
12. Finding out that my parents house in Leicester has sold and that they'll be moving nearer to Bristol very soon.

Hope you liked this slightly different post!
What's been warming the cockles of your heart lately?

Chandra
x


No comments:

Post a Comment