Tuesday 29 October 2013

Bath & Body #3 - Oats & Honey


Haircare isn't the only thing that's been switched up lately - with autumn in full swing and my peach & pistachio themed bath & body routine a thing of the (recent) past, I've been hitting the sugar hard with a selection of products heavy on the honey, with a  generous helping of shea butter and a smattering of brown sugar, oats and almonds - perfection. I'm all about sweet, comforting  scents come this time of year and this little lot has been a total dream for easing into the chillier months (next up: cocoa butter). I'm going to do this in list order purely because we might be here all day otherwise...

BODY SHOP SHEA SHOWER CREAM £4 - I've mentioned my love for these shower creams before and this autumn I decided to kick-start  things with Shea; one of my all-time favourite scents from the Body Shop. At least it was, until the 'manly perfume' incident of a  couple of months ago which has somewhat spoilt my enjoyment of it. Whereas in the past all I could detect was sweet subtle nuttiness, now I just can't get past the decidedly masculine edge - such a shame. I hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone else!  Scent discrepancies aside, I have really been enjoying lathering up with this creamy, softening body cleanser, and the upside is that while the sweet nuttiness stays on the skin once dry, the masculine muskiness doesn't. Hurrah!

BURTS BEES HONEY & SHEA SUGAR SCRUB £12.99 - I'd been wanting and waiting to try this body scrub for the longest time (a year at  least). Now I've finally gotten round to purchasing and trying it out, does it live up to my expectations? I have to admit I was hoping for a sweeter honey scent compared to the subtle natural smell it does have, but from my previous experience with their Milk & Honey range I should probably have guessed it wouldn't be heavily fragranced, especially since Burts Bees like to keep things au  naturel. (Their Banana & Beeswax and Almond & Milk handcreams however are a different story - post coming soon). What I do love about this is its texture and scrubby capabilities; the densely packed formula delivers the perfect exfoliating experience (watch out, S&G) and doesn't leave the skin with any residue or oil (which I know some people like, as do I on occasion, but sometimes the smooth, matte finish is preferable especially if slathering on a rich moisturiser afterwards). The sugar particles, combined with a  luxurious shea-rich oil, really work to reveal brighter, more radiant skintone, leaving skin feeling soft, invigorated and awake  after those early morning scrub downs.

DOVE SILK DRY CREAM STICK ANTI-PERSPIRANT £2.50 - Thought I would throw in this misc item purely because it went with the colour theme. When my Dove Original cream stick ran out a little while ago, I was torn between a repurchase or trying something new (I'm  literally probably the only person that could be in turmoil over a deoderant purchase). My thoughts on this? Nowhere near as good as  the original - the scent isn't great (one review on the Boots website likened it to sweat, although I can't really comment on that) and I can't vouch for it's anti-perspirant qualities lasting through stressful situations at work - enough said. You live and learn.

S&G SMOOTHIE STAR BODY MILK £10 - I love this stuff and always knew I would; the almond, oat and brown sugar scent is simply divine and right up my sweet-toothed street - it's a close thing but I do prefer it over the pistachio, almond & vanilla scented body buttercream from the same range. I also love the idea of a lighter 'body milk' for days when you want to slap it on and go, however this isn't as light as you might think; there's definitely something in the moisture-lock formula that provides an instant hit of hydration, and despite being thinner in texture than the buttercream it actually doesn't sink in as fast, leaving skin with a  bit of a sheen and gorgeous honey/oat scent.

DOVE NOURISHING OIL CARE HAIR MASK £4.59 - I won't talk about the L'Oreal EverRiche shampoo again as you heard my ravings thoughts on it earlier in the week, but suffice to say I'm still thoroughly enjoying having it in my routine, plus the creamy vanilla/coconut scent works perfectly with the rest of my current bathroom goodies. Once a week I like to switch up the Dove express treatment conditioner for the full-whack hair mask from the same range - love this stuff, as does my hair. The same gorgeous scent in a thick buttery mask for injecting some much needed moisture back into my parched tresses. A really luxurious weekend treat I look forward to each week - the packaging is gorgeous too, really kind of classic and sophisticated, and one I'm happy to have on show atop my bathroom cabinet. As I am forever bemoaning of late, I really do need a haircut after which I know my ends would be left 10 times softer after using this! Unfortunately, the damage at present is I fear irreversible (sob).

Just wanted to apologise for the samey posts this week (a scheduling error on my behalf) but get ready for all things makeup and Halloween-themed coming this way soon!

Chandra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment