Sunday 27 October 2013

(Another) Hair Care Update


Time for another haircare update - my Fairtrade Honey shampoo ran out quite a while ago and since that time I've been trying out a creamier but equally luxurious alternative. L'Oreal's EverRiche Nourishing & Taming shampoo for very dry, rebellious hair - from  their no-sulphate Hair Expertise range - creates a truly luxurious lather and fills the whole bathroom with the scent of soft vanilla, coconut and shea. Formulated with apricot seed and camelina botanical oils, it targets rough, dry hair, transforming it from rebellious to smooth, soft and shiny. I love the packaging, I love the experience of using it in the shower; the way it smells, the way it feels, not to mention the healthy sheen and gorgeous scent it leaves in my hair. What don't I like? Just one thing; it's clarifying properties. Compared to the Fairtrade Honey this is nowhere near as cleansing; my second day hair isn't greasy but definitely requires a good couple of spritzes of dry shampoo to freshen it and add a touch of volume at the roots. Other than that I can't fault it and my hair definitely seems to like it; the words 'nourished' and 'tamed' 100% apply, while my hair doesn't feel coated or weighed down at all. The Fairtrade Honey still wins (clarifying and conditioning, you really can't ask for much more) but I do prefer the smell of this and have really been enjoying using it over the past couple of weeks. A must for those with dry hair that refuses to behave!

Accompanied by... the Dove Nourishing Oil Care express treatment conditioner. Have I got to grips with this speed-treatment intense conditioner any more since my last update? Happily, yes. The trick with this one (did I mention it smells amazing?) is to thoroughly mix together the gold and white 'stripes' in your hands before applying generously to the hair. I stick to just the bottom 2-3 inches, but this will likely vary for everyone depending on your hair type and condition - as a GHD lover of late my hair is looking pretty damaged, however at the same time I have an irrational fear of grease so like to be quite sparing and keep this the hell away from my scalp/ears. Used in this way I have noticed a difference in the effect this has on my hair - my split ends (although undoubtedly there) appear less dry and rough, and in general my hair has a sleeker, glossier appearance when I use this combined with the EverRiche. As always the addictive coconut and almond scent is a huge plus that has me coming back for more, but I also love the thick, rich formula which really makes me feel like I'm taking care of my heat-distressed hair when slapping it on.

Styling wise, I've switched up my go-to leave-in conditioner (previously L'Oreal's Nectar Thermique) in favour of Naked's Little Miracle argan oil & shea butter formulation - some hardcore nourishment right there. My guess is this has been playing its fair share in disguising the damage to my ends - definitely what the doctor ordered, and for a mere £4.99 I'm so impressed with this product. Recently (as I mentioned in my hair styling post) I've taken to mixing a dollop of this with two of the Body Shop Macadamia straightening balm and smoothing through lengths and ends before blow-drying - smooth, straight, nutty perfection. This combination  works a dream for both nourishing and straightening the hair (I don't know how the Macadamia balm works but I swear it does - magic) however I'm having to face up to the fact that my split ends are reaching the point of no return, so tomorrow morning I'm going to be reaching for the Ojon Rare Blend protecting treatment - at this stage nothing else can inject moisture like this potent blend of miracle oils. I'm also planning on (semi-permanently) dyeing my hair darker for Halloween next week, after which I'm pretty sure I'll need to be giving my hairdresser a long overdue phone call...

What have you been using on your hair lately?
Have you tried any of these products?

Chandra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment