Friday 13 September 2013

Soap & Glory Empties



I'd been planning a review of this classic Soap & Glory trio for a while, but somehow we ploughed through these even faster than normal turning this into my very first 'empties' post. When I say 'we'; I share most of my bath & body stuff with my boyfriend because 1. it's easier than buying doubles of everything, 2. we get through things quicker meaning I get to try more new products (yay) and 3. I get a 2nd opinion for the purposes of blog material (though admittedly that doesn't often stretch further than 'it's nice'). It's a good thing too that Dean's not fussy about smelling 'girly' - on the contrary, he's a huge S&G fan (his faves being the Sugar Crush range, naturally).

One of my biggest and best beauty brand discoveries of the past few years, it's hard to believe there was once a time (not so long ago) that I just didn't see what the fuss was about. My student house was always littered with their retro cutesy offerings, but for some reason I was convinced that if something puts that much effort into their packaging, what's inside can't possibly be any good. I was wrong - when I eventually tried their products for myself I promptly fell in love with the gorgeous scents and ultra-effective formulas, and am now wholeheartedly one of those people who waits with baited breath for the Boots Christmas £25 Soap & Glory deal (last year I was so eager I rushed out and bought it on my lunch break and sat with it hidden under my desk all afternoon...)

I've tried bits and pieces from their skincare range - which, although nice, didn't really work wonders for my skin - and am definitely partial to an item (or two) from their makeup line, but it's their body products I get most excited about. Like many, I love the Soap & Glory 'Original Pink' signature scent, described by the brand as a 'fresh fruity fragrance, with notes of bergamot, summer rose, peach, strawberry, gardenia blooms, jasmine, patchouli, warm amber and lush musks'. As you can imagine, it's quite a layered, intoxicating scent combining a real mix of fruity and floral notes - unique and recognisable, alongside their quirky, fun packaging (which definitely catches your eye both in store and when spied in a friend's bathroom), this has I'm sure played a big part in the brand's popularity. Featured here are three products from their indulgent bathing range that I would definitely repurchase and recommend; I've used the shower gel and body butter countless times before, but the scrub is one I actually hadn't tried until now but have really been enjoying.

One of their most iconic and best-selling products, this 'creamy clarifying shower gel' is scented with the Original Pink scent and promises 'soft, smooth, sexy skin whenever you want it' - a claim I have to agree with. Every time I use this it leaves my skin super-soft and smelling heavenly, and as with all of their products the scent lingers on the skin for hours, making you feel 'just bathed' all day. Aside from the scent, what I love most about this is the texture - pale pink, ultra creamy and soft, it lathers up loads making for a truly luxurious bathroom experience. As for the 'built-in body lotion' claims I'll admit to being a little dubious, however this does leave my skin very soft meaning on days when I'm feeling lazy I can skip out on moisturiser and not experience the uncomfortable, dry, tight feeling I'm normally left with.

THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER £10.50
Often quoted as having been featured on Gok Wan's 'How To Look Good Naked', this hugely popular body butter again carries the Original Pink scent in a rich, creamy formula making it perfect for everyday pampering. The best part about this is that it goes on thick and luxurious, providing heavy-duty moisturisation, but then sinks in really fast and practically vanishes leaving no sticky feeling. My only reason for occasionally avoiding applying this in the mornings is that it does take a bit of working into the skin, which I don't always have time for. A really good one for feeling truly pampered; I love using this a couple of times a week for head-to-toe softness.

Possibly one of the only Soap & Glory scrubs I hadn't tried; I was actually looking for The Scrub Of Your Life but opted for this when it was out of stock. 'An absolute smash of a body buffer, with smoothing brown sugar, white sugar and natural apricot kernel oil, loaded with kukui oil, mango butter and vitamin E. Scented with our fruity blueberry fragrance' - I have to agree with Soap & Glory here. Despite appearances, this is a very densely packed 'scrubby' exfoliator which can be relied on to lift dead skin cells, leaving skin smooth and soft. I especially love using this on my upper arms and knees, as well as when I'm shaving my legs. I'm a little skeptical about the 'blueberry fragrance' (let's face it, blueberries don't smell of much) but to me this smells fruity and a bit citrus-y; in a word, juicy.

Soap & Glory are definitely up there as one of my favourite bath & body brands,
and one I always turn to when I want to feel truly pampered and fresh!

Are you a fan of Soap & Glory?
What are your favourite products?

Chandra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment