Monday 23 September 2013

A/W Wishlist


When you're as obsessed with beauty as I am, there is always a constant flow of products being added to an endless wishlist of all things beauty - so while this is by no means a definitive list of everything I've got my eye on at the moment, these are the things I'm lusting after most and (one way or another) vow to make mine over the coming months. Some are old favourites that I'm itching to repurchase; others I've been wanting to try for months, and then there are those  - despite having only recently crossed my beauty radar - that have shot straight to the top of my must-haves.

'Polished puffers. Supersoft stoles. Million-dollar mittens. Winter is coming - and with it, a luxurious line up of the season's nicest neccessities'
I know I keep saying no more nail varnish, but look how cute?! Having only recently (and  unexpectedly) fallen in love with Essie polish (and with my current collection consisting of only three) I just can't resist their upcoming A/W additions. I love the idea of this collection, from  the adorable names ('Parka Perfect', 'Mind Your Mittens', 'Toggle to the Top') to the textural  attention to detail ('diamond-dust like shimmer, molten pearlescence and crushed gemstone surfaces')  and of course the gorgeous, seasonal shades which really bring to mind images of a winter  wonderland. The colours all look so pretty, but it's the three red shades I've really got my eye on; in particular 'Sable Collar' (described as a 'pearlescent cocoa plum'), but 'Toggle to the Top' (a 'sparkling garnet red') looks perfect for the festive season.

'Transforms skin from dull to Mega-Bright'
I haven't yet started using the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturising balm on a daily basis (as I'm still cycling to work and need to keep things quite matte) but when I revert back to public transport at the end of the month I'm planning on using it as my everyday base, with a hydrating serum applied underneath for good measure. I've got my eye on a few of the Origins offerings, including this  'Mega-Bright' formulation by Dr Andrew Weil which promises a noticeably brighter, more luminous complexion - yes please. Due to the whopping price tag this might only ever be a pipe dream (although I have just been offered a new (better paid) job so we'll see); I also like the look of their (slightly more affordable) Make A Difference rejuvenating serum with rose of Jericho, but I've also heard this is being reformulated so may wait it out for the new improved version.

'Tested in extremely cold conditions in Canada... non-greasy nourishing formula repairs and relieves  dry, damaged hands'
Dry and damaged definitely sums up my hands, especially at this time of year. They always get so sore and chapped in the cold weather, unless I keep on top of moisturising them literally every time I wash my hands; people at work must think I have some kind of hand cream fetish (not so far from  the truth). I mentioned wanting to try this rich, nourishing formula (containing Chilean rose,  Acacia honey, avocado and sweet almond oil) a while back, and now that the cold winds are blowing  the time is definitely ripe to click 'add to basket' - with the change in weather I can already tell my current daytime hand cream (Soap & Glory's Hand Food) isn't going to cut it in the moisture stakes much longer. As this is supposedly non-greasy (which, if the reviews are anything to go by,  is no false claim) I can see this being a good one for applying throughout the day without the worry of sticky, slippery fingers.

'A do-it-all mascara - creates ultra-thick and extreme volumised lashes through a new formula and  unique brush, allowing a precise application. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.  Ophthalmologist tested'
I've wanted to try this for the longest time, but have been putting it off in the hope that they'll bring it out in brown, and also kind of because of the price tag (although to be honest most I buy are around the £10 mark so not a huge difference). However after continually hearing so many good  things about it - and seeing the results for myself on my best friend's lashes - I'm ready to bite the bullet and embrace black again - how bad could it be? And if this gives my spindly lashes some much-needed volume, I really don't care. My lashes are naturally quite long - and now that I've  integrated the Shu Uemera eyelash curler into my daily routine, curly too - but thick and full they ain't. I have just repurchased my favourite MaxFactor False Lash Effect Fusion mascara in black/brown, but this is definitely next in line. I think you can get away with black a bit more  during the winter months too - I will report back!

'Bursting with exotic flowers, honey and sweet orange oil, with a rich honey-toffee fragrance'
Quite possibly my favourite body wash of all time (a bold statement coming from a hardcore bodycare enthusiast) as well as one of my top five Lush products, this shares the same delicious scent as their  Honey I Washed The Kids soap (another favourite). Containing rosehip, lotus flower, tiger lily  infusion, sweet wild orange oil and bergamot (as well as of course lots of honey), this is a  gorgeous sweet-smelling, juicy shower gel full of natural goodness that softens and fragrances the skin like nobody's business. I especially love using this during the autumn time as it's a warm, comforting scent perfect both morning and evening.

'Community Fairtrade Honey from the nectar of thousands of wildflowers'
Anyone else see a bit of a running theme here? I've been head-over-heels crazy about honey over the past couple of months, so imagine my delight when I heard news of the Body Shop's latest limited edition honey-themed collection. I of course have plans to sample everything from the Honeymania range,  but the items I'm most looking forward to trying are the bubble bath melt and body scrub (the honey-bee soap looks super cute too). The body scrub in particular appeals to me due to the  rich, creamy formula (which looks so different to the Body Shop's other body scrubs); I can imagine it being really luxurious and comforting to use during the colder months. The bubble bath melt looks really different and I also can't wait to try the shower gel. I've already had a sneaky sniff in store and can confirm that the sweet floral scent is absolutely gorgeous!

'Multi-action pre-heat styling spray infused with a restorative blend of 7 rare oils, for softer,  healthy-looking hair from root to tip'
I'm not usually the biggest fan of conditioning sprays - since I resent adding more moisture back into hair that already takes so long to dry - but I'm making an exception with this one, which promises to prevent breakage and protect from damage for smoother, more manageable styling. I'm a sucker for nicely scented hair products and I've heard that this range (fragranced with ginseng,  lemongrass and honey) smells amazing; I also have a feeling the multitude of natural oils in this (which include marula, kukui and ximenia as well as ojon palm nut oil) will work wonders for my somewhat  thick, dry and wavy hair. I haven't tried Ojon products before, but I like their all-natural approach and I love the packaging - I'm also really keen to try the Rare Blend deep conditioner, but as I already have so many hair masks on the go I've put it on the beauty backburner for now.

'For dry, unruly hair... non-greasy formula controls frizz with weightless nutri-oils argan, almond,  coconut'
Like many I adore the scent of the Dove Nourishing Oil Care products, and while I like the leave-in conditioning spray from the range, the lightweight formula just doesn't quite cut it for my thick, dry hair and I have found myself wishing Dove did a leave-in conditioning cream too. Imagine my joy when I found out that infact, they do - only across in the pond. Luckily a kind Amazon seller has  taken it upon themselves to package these beauties up, two-by-two, and send them overseas for a  profit plus £3.99 postage. After reading several reviews I can tell this stuff is going to be good -  especially effective at taming frizz and smoothing unruly locks - so I'm more than happy to part with the extra pennies.

'Sweet surrender is yours with our luscious gourmand confection of burnt sugar, sea salt and smooth vanilla caramel'
And finally, it's at this time of year when the nights start drawing in that I start lusting after a  good comforting Yankee Candle to burn of an evening - and while I'm well stocked up on Christmas scents (thankyou January sales) I have got my eye on some of their more autumnal scents, in particular Honey & Spice and Salted Caramel; instead of buying a large jar I'm thinking of investing  in a selection of sampler candles/wax tarts in the interests of getting more variety for my money!

It's a tough life being a beauty addict!
What have you got your eye on for autumn/winter?

Chandra
x

PS. Just wanted to say a big apology for the lack of blogging recently (juggling two jobs finally got the best of me) and also a friendly hello & welcome to all you new followers!
Happy reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment