Tuesday 1 October 2013

Bath & Body #2 - Peach, Pistachio & Maple Syrup


Just a quick post today updating you on what I've been using in the shower lately! The answer: a whole loada foodie goodness. Imagine a ripe, juicy peach sliced open, drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with sugared pistachios and you're halfway there. Some might find this sickly sweet trio too much, but for a sweet-toothed bathaholic like myself this is nothing short of heavenly...

'Delicate sun-kissed fragrance inspired by vineyard peaches... this soap-free shower gel leaves skin  feeling peachy-soft'
I've mentioned this before as being one of my favourite shower gels from the Body Shop (coming a  close second to Olive) so when the limited edition Vineyard Peach range was rolled out again this summer I picked it up during one of my bulk-buy hauls. The Body Shop are experts at producing  non-sickly, non-artificial true-to-fruit scents and with Vineyard Peach they've got it spot on -  this literally smells good enough to eat; exactly like a fresh, juicy nectarine (I say nectarine because I personally can't bear the feel of fuzzy peach skin on my tongue, it's sending shivers down my spine just thinking about it!) Mouth-watering scent aside, I love the formula of this - containing wild peach extract and Mediterranean peach kernel oil as well as Community Fairtrade honey from  Ethiopia, this lathers up beautifully and feels really softening on the skin, leaving you feeling  clean and smelling subtly sweet. I've always found that Body Shop shower gels (which all incorporate  natural fruits oils and extracts into their formulas) leave my skin feeling hydrated, never stripped, which is why I always come back to them - plus they smell great and are a relative bargain when purchased on the 5 for £10 deal.

'Oat, shea butter & sugar body smoother with bananas, almond and honey extracts and NEW! maple syrup  fragrance'
My favourite of the whole S&G scrub gang since it smells godamn amazing - banana, almond and honey,  hello - as well as being an incredibly effective body exfoliator; this is one of those body scrubs that is 'just right' - neither too light nor too harsh, it does the perfect job of smoothing skin and buffing away dead skin cells pre leg-shave. I don't know what it is lately - maybe the change in  weather, or being out in the open air more (although I thought that was meant to be a good thing) -  but the tops of my arms have seemed rather more lumpy and bumpy than usual (just to be clear, I'm talking rough skin not bingo wings) so I love getting down to business with this in the bath to smooth everything out, all the while inhaling the delicious maple syrup fragrance. I generally  reserve for this for the colder months due to the sugary, comforting scent, and in the summer gravitate towards their fruitier options, namely the gorgeous vanilla-and-lime Flake Away concoction, but I  also recently discovered the equally lovely and effective blueberry-scented Scrub, Actually. Soap & Glory are definitely my go-to brand for body scrubs as they always deliver and smell delicious  - plus I never can resist a Boots 3 for 2.

'Lightly whipped body buttercream, intensive 5-oil nourishing formula with vanilla and coconut'
When I first saw this advertised my heart skipped a beat - Soap & Glory, with a pistachio, almond  and sweet vanilla fragrance? Yes, please. Cue mad dash to Boots to pick up this and the accompanying  moisturising 'shower butter' Whipped Clean (which I liked but didn't love). This has taken me slightly longer to get round to using - you know the drill by now; firstly because I wanted to save  it for the autumn time and secondly because I have so many other body butters to get through. Now that this has finally worked it's way into my bath & body rotation, I can safely say it was worth the wait - both the sweet nutty scent and ultra-softening whipped formula get a big thumbs up from me. Unlike heavy body butters, this is so easy to work into the skin but is so moisturising at the same time, I can really feel it doing something when I apply it and for that reason would say I  prefer this over The Righteous Butter which I was using previously. I also love the baby pink/cream packaging - a slight variation on the usual S&G solid pink and a total winner with  foodie lovers like myself.

Super affordable and long-lasting, I love pretty much all of Soap & Glory's bath & body offerings  but the real hit with me is definitely their sugary, food-inspired Cream Team line; I'm a big fan of the two oat & honey concoctions from the range, Rich & Foamous body wash and the lighter Smoothie Star body milk, but more on them another day!

What are you currently using in the shower?
Have you tried any of these products?

Chandra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment