Monday 12 August 2013

Herbal Essences Bee Strong


Shampoo & Conditioner 400ml - £3.89 each
Hair Mask 200ml - £4.19
Leave-In Conditioner 150ml - £4.79


I adore anything with honey in, but when I first spotted these latest offerings from Herbal Essences while doing my weekly Tesco shop I didn’t part with my money straight away as I’ve never been that impressed with their products in the past. It wasn’t until I received a sample of the Bee Strong shampoo and conditioner in my monthly subscription of Glamour that I fell in love after my very first sniff of the gorgeous honey and apricot scent. What surprised me most was the texture of both the shampoo and conditioner - thick, creamy and luxurious, not what you expect from a cheap drugstore range. My hair felt miraculously light, soft and shiny after use, blow-dried like a dream and smelt amazing. Cue me rushing out to Boots and buying the entire range, hair mask, leave-in conditioner and all.

And oh, how I do not regret it. I’ve been using all four products for a few weeks now and genuinely loving all of them. The shampoo and conditioner alone make my hair feel stronger, shiny and more manageable (with a noticeable different to my dry, split ends), while a once-weekly five-minute application of the hair mask provides a much needed extra dose of nourishment and softness. I would normally have given the strengthening leave-in cream a miss, however I’ve been having a bit of a leave-in conditioner moment and since everything was on buy one, get one free, into the basket it went. This is quite a light formula; I find I get the best results when I towel-dry my hair and let most of the moisture evaporate before applying through the lengths and ends with my fingers. Admittedly this doesn’t hold a candle to my favourite Naked Little Miracle leave-in conditioner, but it does the job of softening and taming frizz when I’m letting my hair dry naturally, and it’s always nice to have matching products that add another layer of fragrance.

Overall I’m so impressed with these products for such an affordable, readily available range (which is often on offer – I picked up the shampoo and conditioner for a little under £2 each) and would definitely repurchase. I just can’t get enough of the scent - I find myself unscrewing the cap from the hair mask whenever I go in the bathroom and inhaling (slightly worrying) and giving my hair an inadvertent sniff at work when (I think) nobody’s watching. Aside from smelling beautiful, my hair really does seem stronger and more elastic; my ends in particular look sleek and healthy, with no sign of dryness of breakage. These products are a god-send for making my medium-long, thick dark hair feel light and swishy – and believe me, with hair that looks (and smells) this good, you will want to be doing some swishing.

Herbal Essences Bee Strong range is available from Boots, Superdrug and all major supermarkets

Are you a fan of Herbal Essences products? Have you tried this latest range?

Chandra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment