Wednesday 31 July 2013

Everyday Makeup


Makeup hasn’t featured much on this blog so far for two reasons; my passion definitely lies with haircare and bodycare, and secondly it’s been so hot in the UK this past month that makeup has been the last thing on my mind. I have however settled into a nice little (quick and easy) makeup routine that has me looking groomed and glowing with minimal effort!

Face. I start by applying the Botanics Tinted Moisturiser, dotting around my face before blending with my fingers. I tend to alternate between this and the Superdrug Vitamin E Radiance Moisture Cream with SPF 15 depending on my mood and how much I’m going to be out in the sun that day. The light diffusing particles in this budget-buy seem to blur any blemishes, giving me a really luminous glow and waking up my skin, so for days when my skin is looking a little dull I opt for this, while the Botanics Tinted Moisturiser (sadly discontinued) is better for generally evening out my complexion and smoothing everything out, creating a flawless yet barely-there base which I love. I follow up by dotting the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium under my eyes and around my nose and chin before buffing in with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for a natural finish, and to finish off a dusting of my old-faithful Body Shop Baked Bronzer in Warm Glow; such a pretty peachy-bronze-highlight which never fails to perk up my complexion; I apply this with the Eco Tools blush brush which is the perfect shape for defining my cheekbones and blending up to the temples.

Brows & Eyes. Next my brows get a quick brush-through with the spoolie end of the Topshop eyebrow pencil in Viscious Circle and (if I have time) a fill-in with the pencil end, before being fixed in place with the Anastasia tinted brow gel in Espresso - groomed brows in an instant. I always start my eye makeup with the Barry M kohl pencil in brown to define and thicken the upper lashline; I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve repurchased this £2.99 eyeliner (I used to buy black before I realised how much more natural brown looks and haven’t looked back since). I sharpen this regularly to keep the look clean, sometimes adding a bit of flick to the outer eye if the mood takes me. I’ve worn kohl for so long I just can’t seem to let go; for me it disguises mascara mishaps and just pulls the whole look together somehow. My current mascara of choice is the Revlon Grow Luscious in blackened brown, a recent purchase and one I really like; the huge brush creates fuller, fluttery lashes in seconds and I love that it comes in brown; I won’t use anything else now that I’ve discovered how much softer and less harsh it looks in comparison to black.

Lips. To finish off I prep lips with the Burts Bees nourishing lipbalm with mango butter before applying one of my two favourite Revlon lip butters; both juicy papaya (a milky coral) and brown sugar (a subtle shimmery bronze) suit my olive-complexion so well. I was so excited when these lip butters first launched but found none of the shades really suited me, so I was really pleased when Revlon brought out new shades this year. Although these lipstick-balm hybrids contain nourishing mango, shea and coconut butter, I still like to apply a lipbalm underneath and find they apply so much smoother and nicer when I do.

What products do you use for an easy makeup look?
 Have you tried any of these products?

Chandra
x

No comments:

Post a Comment