Thursday 4 July 2013

Biting The Bullet


After dithering about starting a beauty blog for what feels like forever, this month I was feeling really inspired so I decided to just bite the bullet and do it!

I’ve always been into beauty, but the real obssession started when I finished uni (a good few years ago now) and made a vow to myself to start taking better care of my skin, hair and nails – something I definitely hadn’t been doing while I was at uni. I felt like I spent those three years running around like a headless chicken, juggling coursework deadlines, part time jobs and a boyfriend, running out of shampoo and borrowing my housemate’s, hardly ever getting a haircut or taking the time to do my nails, always stressed about fitting everything in. When I graduated it was like a breath of fresh air; I finally had the time to focus on me.

A lot has changed since then; I now have extensive weekly hair and nail routines (which I will of course post about in due course) and definitely spend more on beauty products each month than I do on clothes or eating out! I discovered beauty blogging a few years ago when I was working as a receptionist and we were allowed to browse the web when it was quiet - I stumbled across MakeupSavvy on a random Google search and I’ve been hooked ever since.

So, watch this space for reviews and musings on products from all ends of the beauty spectrum. I love a bargain - Boots and Superdrug are like my second homes - but I also have a soft spot for Lush and an ongoing love affair with the Body Shop, as well as being partial to the odd high-end make-up, skincare or haircare item that costs that little bit more!

Chandra 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment